Saturday, August 21, 2010

IS IT BASED ON A GRAPHIC NOVEL?

When I think quintessential writers, the image that is seared into my brain is John Turturro in BARTON FINK. He's the blueprint for haggard writers who go to hell and back for their craft on a daily basis.

As a writer working in the entertainment industry, you have to learn how to sell not only yourself but your idea. Both are equally important. The art of the pitch is crucial. I've had the opportunity to be on both sides of the pitch table. I've given countless pitches and I've heard several as well.

Working in the entertainment industry has enabled me to sit in on a few absolutely mind-blowing pitches. I thought I would share a few.

I will be doing a series of articles dealing with various pitches that I participated in. The series will henceforth be known as--

TRUE HOLLYWOOD PITCH MEETINGS

Hit the link below to see an accurate re-enactment, that I wrote and directed, of a pitch I heard a few years ago:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6970191

or HIT the IS IT BASED ON A GRAPHIC NOVEL right above Barton Fink's head.

Your Friend,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment