Saturday, October 3, 2009

A FEW WORDS ON BRUSHES WITH LIFE & DEATH

My daughter was born last week and I can't contain my happiness. I honestly can't envision my life without this little person. I've been jokingly calling her THE MILK VAMPIRE and THE MILK MERCENARY because she eats almost every hour, keeping us in a constant state of sleep deprivation. The funny thing is I wouldn't trade this new breath of life she has given me for all the money/fame/celebrity in the world. Kyank is an Armenian word which means "My Life." My daughter has become my life. She is also my Vita, which happens to mean "Life" in Italian and also happens to be my awesome grandmother's name.

I was almost in a pretty bad car accident today and all I could think about is my two Kyank's, my two Vita's: My daughter and my mighty wife. It is so good to be alive.

I wish everyone, even the people who have been mean or unkind to me in the past, to have this experience. May you all discover your own Kyank one day.

Your Friend,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment