Thursday, November 19, 2009

UP IN THE AIR AGAIN

My lovely Wife hanging with the enchanting Vera Farmiga after the Screening of UP IN THE AIR.

Saw the Film a second time (Wife didn't see it last go-around, so I brought her this time) and I must say UP IN THE AIR improves even more upon second viewing. There were a few moments when you truly see the Clooney smoothie-superstar mask fall for good and get a true glimpse at what Clooney's real life is like... that's how close he is to the character he's playing. Vera is sublime as Alex; she's basically playing the male version of George Clooney--"him with a vagina". There's a nice reversal of roles in the film, I won't say any more for risk of spoiling the proceedings. I strongly suspect Best Actor nominations for both Clooney and Vera.

For my money, this is the film to beat this year at the Oscars. Well, I haven't seen AVATAR yet. But it will be between UITA and Avatar for me.

Your Friend,

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment